Even if Windows has great capabilities, like any other OS, it might show up with some specific issues while running it on your computer. Thus, after making some researches, we found out that some users reported appearing the following error message on their screen, after trying to boot the OS on the Safe mode: Exception Processing Message 0xc0000005 – Unexpected parameters.
Most commonly, this error occurs when your PC is not able to process the files or settings, which were required to run some specific programs or installations.
Fortunately, there are some easy solutions that will help you. Make sure you keep an eye on this article to discover the best ways to fix the 0xc0000005 error on Windows 11.
How can I fix the 0xc0000005 error on Windows 11?
1. Check if your PC has the minimum requirements to run Windows 11
To fix the 0xc0000005 error on Windows 11, first make sure that your computer has the minimum requirements to run Windows 11.
Considering its improvements, the latest OS also comes up with some specific needs on your hardware. You can find below the most common requirements:
- 64-bit processor
- 1GHz clock speed (at least 2 cores)
- 4GB of RAM
- 64GB Drive
- UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0 or newer
- 9-inch display with a minimum resolution of 1366 x 768
- Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Performant Intel and AMD
You can also take a look at a full guide conducted by the manufacturer on Windows 11 computer requirements, to find out some more information regarding this subject.
2. Check for general updates
Checking for general Windows updates is a mandatory solution, that must be followed in the first place for each OS-related issue.
3. Run the troubleshooter to find what cause the 0xc0000005 error
- Open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot, then Run the troubleshooter.
Your operating system will scan and fix any troubles, so you’ll only need to wait until it finds and solves the 0xc0000005 error on Windows 11.
4. Use Command Prompt to stop the 0xc0000005 error on Windows 11
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type the following command:
- Wait until the verification is completed.
Using this option, Windows will automatically scan all protected system files, then replace the corrupted ones with a cached copy 0xc0000005 error.
These are the best solutions you can find to fix the Windows 11 0xc0000005 error, so make sure you find the one that suits you the most to solve this annoying issue.
If you’re interested in games, programs, and apps available on the newest OS version, feel free to take a closer look at the new Microsoft Store in Windows 11.
For any other encountered troubles, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the section below.